MEDIAN Hotel Hannover Messe General Terms and Conditions
Here you can download the GTC´s as a PDF
1. General These general terms and conditions of business apply for the renting of conference, banqueting and exhibition rooms, room reservations and all related hospitality. The basis of the contract is formed by the services agreed between the hotel and customer as listed overleaf.
2. If the customer is not simultaneously the person making the reservation or organiser, the contract partner is the person who confirms the reservation of the services listed overleaf and the other associated agreements (person making the booking). The customer/hotel guest, person making the reservation and organiser are liable for all services provided by the hotel as joint debtors. If billing methods are agreed with the person making the reservation or booking, according to which partial services or the complete services are to be paid for by the customer, socalled self-payer agreements, the above joint liability remains unaffected. As long as the hotel is not in possession of signed order confirmation, the hotel is entitled to sell the capacities agreed overleaf elsewhere. This also applies in the event of agreement of a free-of-charge return period (option). Following expiry of the option date, the reservation becomes binding, and these terms and conditions of business apply.
3. The conclusion of this contract obliges the parties to the contract to performance of the contract, irrespective of the period for which the reservation was made. The contract can only be cancelled unilaterally by the person making the booking under the following conditions:
- a) Up to 29 calendar days before the date of the event: free of charge
- b) 28-15 days before the date of the event: 40% of the agreed payment (with a fixed drinks charge per person in the amount of 50% of the agreed meals charges or conference packages as the calculation basis for drinks consumption)
- c) 14-7 calendar days before the date of the event: 60% of the agreed payment (dto.)
- d) Less than 7 days before the date of the event: 80% of the agreed payment (dto.)
If the hotel has not been notified of any details in relation to meals and drinks up to the time of cancellation, the provision costs for exhibitions apply in full as the agreed service. In case of partial cancellations, Point 7 of these terms and conditions also apply.
4. The hotel will make every effort to rent out rooms which are not used elsewhere, in order to avoid loss of business. If this proves successful, the payment obligation of the customer is reduced by the amount of revenue resulting from the new rental. The customer is entitled to attempt to prove lower damages on the part of the hotel. The hotel reserves the right to provide the customer with other, equivalent rooms than those confirmed in the agreement, if so required for organisational reasons, or if the number of event participants varies from the number of persons booked. In the case of package offers, the hotel assumes no organiser liability for external services. Unless specified expressly, the corresponding package offers do not include transfer services.
5. The reservation data are binding for both parties to the contract. The hotel reserves the right to rent out the rooms reserved overleaf elsewhere, if the customer does not arrive on the first day of the reservation date by the agreed starting time, or in case of room reservations by 18:00 at the latest. Reserved rooms are made available to the customer only for the agreed period. The use of the reserved rooms beyond the agreed period requires the prior agreement of the hotel.
6. Unless agreed otherwise, all prices are per person, including VAT at the prevailing rate. If a framework agreement has been made with the customer with regard to overnight accommodation terms, these apply only on request and according to availability. The guaranteed provision of rooms under these terms is excluded. An increase in VAT following conclusion of the contract must be borne by the customer. If the period between contract conclusion and provision of the services exceeds 6 months, the hotel reserves the right to apply price changes without prior notice.
7. The basis for the charging of the services listed overleaf is the guaranteed number of persons agreed between the hotel and the person making the booking. This is 10% below the actually agreed number. Otherwise the actual number of persons applies as the charging basis. If the number falls below this guaranteed number of persons between contract conclusion and the start of the event due to cancellations by the customer, Point 3 of these terms and conditions applies for all services cancelled below the guaranteed number of persons. If the originally ordered services are reduced by more than 10%, in terms of the guaranteed number of persons, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract within 5 days of receipt of the last cancellation notification.
8. The invoices for the services listed overleaf fall due for payment within 10 days of the invoice date, without any deduction and in the currency shown in the invoice. In case of payment after this date, the hotel may charge late payment interest in the amount of the normal current-account interest rate.
9. The hotel is liable for loss or damage to customers’ property only in the event of deliberate or gross negligence on the part of its employees. If the hotel is responsible for third parties, the hotel is only liable in the event of culpability. The liability of the hotel is expressly restricted to the amount of the hotel’s liability insurance cover, any further liability is expressly excluded. The hotel only accepts liability for valuables if they are kept in the hotel safe or handed in at reception in return for a written receipt. Liability for damages caused by problems or interruption of hotel operations, or by force majeure, strikes, civil unrest, war, natural events, fire etc. is excluded. If rooms or other premises of the hotel are rented by the customer for the purpose of events which clearly offend public morals, in particular sales and pyramid sales events or itinerant business, or the name of the hotel is misused for sales promotion purposes without written permission, the hotel is entitled to cancel the contract without notice.
10. If one or more stipulations of these general terms and conditions of business prove to be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining stipulations or the contract as a whole. In case of the invalidity of individual stipulations, another legally permissible stipulation will apply which most closely approximates the commercial purpose originally intended.
11. Supplements, amendments and subsidiary agreements of whatever type require written confirmation by both parties to the contract in order to be valid. This also applies to cancellation of this written form requirement.
12. This contract is subject to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany. Place of fulfilment and jurisdiction is Lehrte.